Is the golf world ready for Mild Thing?


ST. ANDREWS, SCOTLAND—John Daly, who has taken several turns as golf’s wild child, admits he has mellowed and might need a new nickname.

“I’m 44 years old. I’ve learned a lot. I never run from my mistakes,’’ Daly said after his opening round of 66. “I’ve always been honest with everybody around me. It’s how you come back and for me, I’m on a comeback.. I’ve been hurt for three and a half years.’’

As for the new description, he said, “I don’t know. How about Mild Thing?’’

SOMETHING ELSE NEEDED: How nervous is the tee shot at 17, which begins out of bounds over the Old Course Hotel?

“Fairly,’’ said Andrew Coltart after his opening 66. “There should be a toilet fairly close to that tee.’’
Get sub: Nice-guy Glover

Lucas Glover, the 2009 U.S. Open champ who opened with a solid 67, was paired with Rory McIlroy, who shot a blistering 63. Someone suggested Glover’s rep as a nice, easy guy to play with, someone who brings out the best in his partners, might have contributed in some small way.

“Then I’ve quit to quit doing that,’’ Glover deadpanned.
source:www.thestar.com
A PAKISTAN TIMES

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog