Lance Armstrong retires from cycling for second time


Seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong has announced he is to retire from cycling for a second time.

The 38-year-old American quit the sport in 2005 before returning last year but he announced last month that 2010 would be the last time he rode the Tour.reported by A PAKISTAN TIMES

Armstrong finished 40 minutes behind winner Alberto Contador in 23rd place.

"This race has been good to me but I can't lie - I'm ready to retire part two," said Armstrong, who crashed on a number of occasions during the race.

"I was just glad that three weeks of suffering is over and I get to go home. I don't have to stress about racing every day.

"I have a lot of happiness, a lot of good memories, just a lot of good times here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog